Being honest with yourself ... is something of a very high importance, if you want to be succeed with your life.
There are always questions in everyday life, which you need or want to answer - questions to yourself, questions of others to you...i think it is a very important take a look into yourself, before answering - at list you can find a honest answer to yourself for this.
By my experience, some people are afraid of this phrase 'I don't want to answer this question at the moment' or 'I prefer not to answer this question at the moment' - i think there is no reason to be afraid and to use these phrases, if you do not feel like you can, want, are ready to answer the question.
Once, I was afraid of these phrases too.
For some years ago, if someone would ask me a question, and I would not want to answer, I would just stay quiet, without saying anything at all...
Later I have analysed such a behaviour, and i thought it can lead to many wrong interpretations and people can understand you the way, which you don't really mean. I concluded, it is good to have an open communication and say things openly and defined. Take a second and listen to yourself, if you feel like you are not ready to answer this question right now, or you do not want to answer this question right now, say about it.
It is an important to communicate, to give a message, so the second part will know - you do not refuse to communicate and do not ignore, you just might need some time before you can speak about this particular case openly.
I think such communication can lead to less interpersonal conflicts and misunderstandings.
No comments:
Post a Comment